Peacock Tales • Fall 2014
- A three-judge panel of the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals concluded that FedEx Ground drivers in California and Oregon were mis-classified as independent contractors instead of employees, and can pursue claims for alleged unpaid wages and benefits. Similar cases have been filed against FedEx in approximately 40 states.
- Spiders have forced Suzuki to recall more than 19,000 midsize cars. The automaker says spider webs can clog a fuel vapor vent hose in some 2010 to 2013 model year cars, cutting off the air flow. If that happens, it can cause a gas tank to deform, causing cracks, fuel leaks and possible fires.
- A trial judge in St. Louis held that drivers have a First Amendment right to flash headlights to warn on-coming traffic of speed traps.
- The Pennsylvania Superior Court held that parking lot valets do not have a duty to withhold keys from intoxicated patrons.
- The Hershey Company has sued a Colorado company which sells marijuana edibles, which are marijuana infused candies, claiming they too closely resembled Hershey products.
- The Pennsylvania Supreme Court disbarred a Philadelphia attorney for accepting a 243 pound marijuana shipment.
Peacock Keller, LLP • 70 East Beau Street • Washington, PA 15301 • 724-222-4520