Peacock Tales • Spring 2010
Peacock Keller in Action
- Charles C. Keller will be honored as one of 14 Community Cornerstones by the Greater Pittsburgh Council of Boy Scouts of America on Thursday, April 22, 2010 at the Friends of Scouting dinner in Pittsburgh. The Boy Scouts are celebrating their 100th birthday and Chuck has been an active scout and scout leader since 1935.
- Rachel Lozosky has been elected Community Service Chair for the Rotary Club of Washington for club year 2010 and 2011. Rachel is also co-chairing Zonta's Rose Day/25th Anniversary celebration.
- Kenneth L. Baker and Susan M. Key are scheduled to speak on estate planning issues at the Washington Hospital on April 15. Susan is also scheduled to speak at the People's Law School on April 22 on home-related issues.
- Rachel Lozosky, her husband John Friedman, David Huggins and his wife Leigh, Becky Fisher and Betty Ullom comprised Peacock Keller's team for the annual Rotary Trivia Contest that was held on March 19, 2010. In a field of 26 teams the Peacock Keller team tied for 4th place, a mere 5 points behind the 1st place finishers. Good job!
...and Out of Action
- Beginning May 15, 2010, Barbara Graham will start her long-anticipated six-month sabbatical leave, the eighth of Peacock Keller's partners to enjoy such a benefit. Don't worry though, the rest of us have grown accustomed to covering for our absent partners. While Barb is out, her school district clients will be referred to Rachel Lozosky and the firm's other solicitors, and her individual clients will be referred to Rachel, Susan Roberts or another attorney in the firm best suited to handling that client's specific needs.
- On March 7, 2010, 15 PKE Employees (and two honorary employees for the day—Dane and Erin Ward) bowled for charity in the Big Brothers and Big Sisters of Greater Pittsburgh Bowl For Kids Sake held at the Meadows Casino Bowling Lanes. PKE had three teams of bowlers and raised a total of $2,840.00 for this wonderful cause. A great time was had by all. After all the scores were tallied, it was determined that the big winners are the kids that participate in the BBBS program.
Peacock Keller, LLP • 70 East Beau Street • Washington PA 15301 • 724-222-4520