Peacock Tales • Spring 2012
Peacock Keller in Action
- Susan Key spoke at the Washington County Bar Association’s “Winter Bench Bar” on her experience as a hearing officer for the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania’s Disciplinary Board, for an ethics course titled “How Lawyers Get in Trouble with the Disciplinary Board.” Susan also spoke at the March 26th Bar Association meeting on Non-Profit Organization Structure.
- On Friday evening, March 9, 2012, Peacock Keller once again fielded a team for the annual Charity Trivia Contest sponsored by the Washington Rotary Club. Team Captain Rachel Lozosky, helped lead the team to a humbling 21st place (out of 32 teams). She was joined by fellow associates, Donald Formoso and Patrick Grimm, and also her husband, John Friedmann, brother Jordan Lozosky, firm paralegal Rebecca Fisher, and Firm Administrator David Huggins and his wife, Leigh. While Team Peacock Did not win the $1000 prize for its chosen charity, Washington District Libraries, the real winners were the numerous local charities supported by this worthy fundraiser.
- Peacock Keller sponsored Joe Giecek, our own amateur chef, at the 7th Annual Men’s Culinary Classic held on Saturday, March 10, at the Washington County Fair Grounds. Joe was our chef-of-choice; he made 200 delicious cabbage rolls for the event. Joe is a paralegal in the Estate Department at the Firm. We are proud of him, his cooking skills and proud to support Community Action Southwest who sponsored the event. CAS is committed to ending poverty in our community.
- On March 18, 2012, Peacock Keller sent a group of ten bowlers to the 2012 Big Brothers Big Sisters Washington County Bowl for Kids’ Sake event held at West Pike Bowl in Canonsburg. This is the third consecutive year that Peacock Keller has participated in the event. This year’s team included Andy Chumney, Beth D’Alessandro, Diane Ward, Don Formoso, Doug Nolin, Linda Chaney, Jessica Ames, Patrick Grimm, Rachel Lozosky and Susan Roberts. They along with the firm, raised close to $2,500 to assist boys and girls in Washington County reach their full potential through one-to-one mentoring relationships with volunteer adults at Big Brothers Big Sisters.
…And Out Of Action
- Peacock Keller announces that another partner, Jonathan Higie, will be taking a six-month sabbatical leave beginning June 8, 2012. Though Jon will be sorely missed by both the Firm and his clients, we want his clients to know that they will be in the capable hands of John Rodgers for all issues pertaining to real estate and Rick Amrhein for all issues pertaining to business. At times they may also enlist the help of other Firm attorneys. Jonathan will be the 10th partner from the Firm to take advantage of the sabbatical leave, a perk that all have found especially beneficial. We all wish him well and will welcome him back in December.
Peacock Keller, LLP • 70 East Beau Street • Washington PA 15301 • 724-222-4520